• An initial in-person or telephone/Skype meeting to get to know you, discuss your ideas and hear from you an overview of your preferences for your wedding ceremony
• Completion of a FOCCUS™ profile which is an inventory designed to provide engaged couples a PERSONALIZED PROFILE of their strengths, challenges and opportunities as they prepare for their marriage
• A two-hour facilitated discussion of the results of this inventory
• Collaboration in the creation of your ceremony
• Suggestions for readings and ritual elements
• Support in developing your own vows, or choosing from traditional formats
• Final "talk through" meeting (either in person or via telephone/Skype) to review ceremony details 1-3 weeks before ceremony
• A peaceful, warm, professional and heartfelt presence to support you on the day of your wedding
• Filing of marriage certificate
The stipend for the four hours of preparation and the facilitation of the service is $650.
Other Marriage Services
Pre-marriage Retreat: In a pre-marriage retreat facilitated by my wife Pat and myself, (who are seasoned social workers with four decades of marriage), We will facilitate a one day experience focused on assisting you as a couple:
• To identify your individual positive core of life-giving strengths,
• To review a personality profile designed to enhance your understanding of each other’s personal preferences and communication styles,
• To mutually create a vision of your marriage from the positive core of your relationship, and
• To draft a plan for bringing this vision to reality.
An added benefit of this option is that couples at the same stage of marriage preparation opportunity to connect and share their emerging wisdom about wedding preparation. This experience is scheduled on a quarterly basis. The stipend for this option is $750 per couple to cover the cost of the facilitation time and the instruments deployed.
Marriage Renewal Retreat:
Twice a year, Pat and Jim facilitate a weekend retreat for couples. The purpose of this experience is to offer those who are married an opportunity to clear out the emotional closets of their relationship and bring resiliency and vitality back. Applying a process of Appreciative Inquiry, they engage couples to reconnect to a time when their relationship was at its highest zone of connection and life affirmation. This experience offers time to reflect and to engage in meaningful conversations that will stimulate deeper interpersonal connections and a commitment to the JOY of being in a relationship with one another and building the life they want.